Dark Side Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Tournament Rules Revision

2 posters

Go down

Team Tournament Rules Revision Empty Team Tournament Rules Revision

Post  styx Mon May 02, 2011 8:25 pm

Heya,

This is Patrick and looking forward to the team tournament in June. I emailed Brian about revising the rules for the team event as they are VERY old. For those that recall, these rules was forged back in the day at their old shop and back in the early days of team events. The current rules are REALLY out of date and need to be revised.

Several Codex books have since changed hands and many of the references are no longer realavent.

Also, some new rules edits needs to be included such as Independent Characters cannot join units of thier partner unless they are the same army. This elminates silly technical rules run around that allows a Sanquiry Priest to join a Raven Guard infiltrating squad for example. ICs should stick to their own armies just like Unique, special or named characters.

The counts to the FOC such as Techmarines, etc....should also be revised to match the current codex books.

If we can get this done within the next week or two we can have this in place for June event as this would allow 30 days for players to read and build their lists for the event.

just some house keeping that needs to be done and figure this is the best spot to inspire this....I would be willing to assist with revisions also if you like....

styx

http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Team Tournament Rules Revision Empty Re: Team Tournament Rules Revision

Post  Swags Mon May 02, 2011 9:11 pm

Im with ya, its almost like playing the Priest with a Raven squad was done intending to draw some attention to this subject. Twisted Evil

Annother house rule that needs to defined is the split HQ in Space Wolves and Daemons dex.

This is the great thing about the forum, we can get this kind of thing done and all get on the same page.

What is the Techmarine thing?
Not sure what you mean.
Swags
Swags

Back to top Go down

Post  styx Tue May 03, 2011 9:23 am

Swags wrote:Im with ya, its almost like playing the Priest with a Raven squad was done intending to draw some attention to this subject. Twisted Evil

Annother house rule that needs to defined is the split HQ in Space Wolves and Daemons dex.

This is the great thing about the forum, we can get this kind of thing done and all get on the same page.

What is the Techmarine thing?
Not sure what you mean.

It states in the book that SW special rules for FOC are ignored (which actually stems from their other book) but common sense says that you should only field more than 2. When Chris and I had Space Wolves we never took more than two.

Demons should follow the same rules, but it isn't written. So, it should be put in there to follow along with the Wolves rule to keep players from being rules laywers instead of players going to have fun.

As for tech marines, it is on the first page, talking about units that don't take up FOC, do take up a FOC. It was late when I was posting and I was not really clear. There is lots of things that need to be updated in this spot as many of the books mentioned like Blood Angels, Nids, etc are all out of date.

I really enjoy team events, they are always a blast. Chris and I enjoy these more than any other event and make every one that we can. Once the rules are updated, it will help level some of the silly rules bending and reading between the lines that will bring the game back to something enjoyable again with a good competative spirit. It is cools to see armies that team up and see mupltiple well painted armies is always cool to see.

Again, if you guys wants some help in revisions, let me know. I will be happy to help.

styx

Back to top Go down

Post  Swags Tue May 03, 2011 11:36 am

Ah, so there is a techmarine that dosnt take up a slot somewhere?

Care to be more specific? just curious.

What side are you on?

Units act as normal and dont take up FOC, or all units take up FOC no matter what.

As far as helping with revisions, I'd say were doing that now. Team Tournament Rules Revision Icon_smile

All we need is for someone in charge to take part in this thread as well as other players.
Swags
Swags

Back to top Go down

Post  styx Tue May 03, 2011 11:53 am

Swags wrote:Ah, so there is a techmarine that dosnt take up a slot somewhere?

Care to be more specific? just curious.

What side are you on?

Units act as normal and dont take up FOC, or all units take up FOC no matter what.

As far as helping with revisions, I'd say were doing that now. Team Tournament Rules Revision Icon_smile

All we need is for someone in charge to take part in this thread as well as other players.

First bullet about mid bottom of page states Dark Angel and Blood Angel Techmarines do take up a FOC now (in both codexes at the time they did not take up a slot). now, Blood Angel codex requires a FOC to be filled to take them. Leaving just the Dark Angels.

I agree that the "free" FOC units should count to the FOC to keep balance in lists. Again, we would have someone tear through their codex to find some "out" to create not a good list but something cheesy instead. Legal, sure as it was not covered by the team rules.

mentioned it to Brian already about a month ago for revisions would be needed before the next event. Not sure who will be running it.

styx

Back to top Go down

Post  Swags Tue May 03, 2011 12:37 pm

We are on the same page with the free units taking up slots in Team play. Laughing

I forgot about the DA Tech. Thanks.

Im going to print out the TTrules today and give them a good once over.

If we had a tournament disscussion sub catagory under 40K this would be a great thread to keep running there. Hint Hint.... Cool
Swags
Swags

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down